PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT INSTITUTE
Committed to Developing Those Who Protect & Serve Others.
The LAPPL welcomes law enforcement professionals to a series of world-class training courses called the Professional Development Institute or PDI.
The mission of PDI is to enhance professionalism, boost competence, increase a greater understanding of our profession earlier in careers, inspire confidence, reduce grievances, reduce personnel complaints, reduce lawsuits, reduce stress, increase morale, increase wellness, develop an increased commitment to the profession, and assist in achieving state mandated CA POST CPT compliance.
Our goal is to help you be better.
All Agencies Are Welcome.
Primarily, PDI’s target audience is sworn personnel from the rank of police officer through lieutenant, however non-sworn members of our profession and members of all ranks are welcome.
Although LAPPL members are made up of Los Angeles Police Officers; PDI welcomes and encourages law enforcement personnel from any agency to attend. Regional attendance and networking benefits all attendees.
All agencies are welcome.
Click on a course to learn more.
Courses Under Development
- Blue Line Leadership – leadership training for those holding the thin blue line; leaders now and the leaders of tomorrow.
- Next Level Leadership – leadership training for both new and tenured supervisors and mid-managers.
- Courtroom Testimony – a class for all peace officers taught by an expert career prosecutor. Learn how to write better reports, prepare for, and testify in court.
- Work Comp – a class for all peace officers taught by experts in the field. Learn the proper process for intaking work comp claims, related laws, protocols, the work comp process, and common errors.
- Dangerous Crossroads: the Intersection of the First & Fourth Amendments – learn about dangerous areas for peace officers involving the 1st and 4th Amendments and ways to avoid these areas from an expert attorney who represents officers in these areas.
- Critical Incidents – what are they, how to prepare for them, what to do during them, and what to expect after them. Taught by expert critical incident investigators and representatives.
- Social Media – learn from experts what the social media issues, misconceptions, and implications are for today’s peace officer.
- Wellness Courses – learn about organizational, family, financial, and self-wellness in these courses.
More courses coming soon, so check back often to register before classes fill up.
POST certified courses. POST approved instructors.
The LAPPL welcomes law enforcement professionals to a series of world-class training courses through PDI. All PDI instructors are world-class experts in their fields with years of real-world experience.
ABOUT INSTRUCTORS & STAFF
LAPPL is a CA POST certified presenter of training. PDI instructors are real-world experts who offer informative and engaging courses of instruction.
LAPPL vigilantly protects and serves those who protect others.