PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT INSTITUTE
Committed to Developing Those Who Protect & Serve Others.
The LAPPL welcomes law enforcement professionals to a series of world-class training courses called the Professional Development Institute or PDI.
The mission of PDI is to enhance professionalism, boost competence, increase a greater understanding of our profession earlier in careers, inspire confidence, reduce grievances, reduce personnel complaints, reduce lawsuits, reduce stress, increase morale, increase wellness, develop an increased commitment to the profession, and assist in achieving state mandated CA POST CPT compliance.
Our Goal is to Help You be Better.
All Agencies Are Welcome.
Primarily, PDI’s target audience is sworn personnel from the rank of police officer through lieutenant, however non-sworn members of our profession and members of all ranks are welcome.
Although LAPPL members are made up of Los Angeles Police Officers; PDI welcomes and encourages law enforcement personnel from any agency to attend. Regional attendance and networking benefits all attendees. California agencies will receive CA POST CPT credit for completed courses.
Not only are all agencies across the United States welcome at our Downtown Los Angeles facility, but classes can also be taught at YOUR location too! For inquiries regarding this, please send us a contact form!
Current POST Certified Courses
Core Four Leadership Courses
Click on a Course to Learn More.
This course is designed for police officers, detectives, and deputies of all tenure and assignment, including patrol, administrative, investigative, and specialty unit assignments.
This course is for those who want to be better law enforcement leaders.
Check Back Soon!
This course develops and improves a student’s critical decision-making skills. In other words, this course will teach you how to think in chaos.
Other POST Certified Courses
Click on a Course to Learn More.
The course will examine major lessons learned through a case study of the kidnapping and murder of 12 y/o Polly Hannah Klaas
Students will learn the Basic Firearm Safety Rules, firearm terminology, discuss police officer and firearm culture, and the dangers of firearms.
This course provides in-depth coverage of response protocols and priorities, potential threat and injury scenarios, mass casualty triage, and rapid medical stabilization care skills.
Courses Under Development
- Next Level Leadership – leadership training for both new and tenured supervisors and mid-managers.
- Courtroom Testimony – a class for all peace officers taught by an expert career prosecutor. Learn how to write better reports, prepare for, and testify in court.
- Work Comp – a class for all peace officers taught by experts in the field. Learn the proper process for intaking work comp claims, related laws, protocols, the work comp process, and common errors.
- Dangerous Crossroads: the Intersection of the First & Fourth Amendments – learn about dangerous areas for peace officers involving the 1st and 4th Amendments and ways to avoid these areas from an expert attorney who represents officers in these areas.
- Critical Incidents – what are they, how to prepare for them, what to do during them, and what to expect after them. Taught by expert critical incident investigators and representatives.
- Social Media – learn from experts what the social media issues, misconceptions, and implications are for today’s peace officer.
- Wellness Courses – learn about organizational, family, financial, and self-wellness in these courses.
More courses coming soon, so check back often to register before classes fill up.
POST Certified Courses. POST Approved Instructors.
The LAPPL Professional Development Institute welcomes law enforcement professionals to a series of world-class training courses. All PDI instructors are world-class experts in their fields with years of real-world experience.
ABOUT INSTRUCTORS & STAFF
LAPPL is a CA POST certified presenter of training. PDI instructors are real-world experts who offer informative and engaging courses of instruction.
LAPPL vigilantly protects and serves those who protect others.