All PDI Courses
The LAPPL welcomes law enforcement professionals to a series of world-class training courses called the Professional Development Institute or PDI.
Click on a course to learn more.
This course is for those who want to be better law enforcement leaders. Students completing this course will deepen their understanding of leadership and self to improve their work and personal relationships with others.
This Critical Incident Leadership course develops and improves a student’s critical decision-making skills. In other words, this course will teach you how to think in chaos.
This course is taught by the actual investigator who lived this case for three years from the night of the abduction through the death penalty sentencing.
This course provides in-depth coverage of response protocols and priorities, potential threat and injury scenarios, mass casualty triage, and rapid medical stabilization care skills.
This course will provide students with understanding the importance of becoming familiar with firearms, including but not limited to the safe handling and storage of firearms.
Courses Under Development
- Blue Line Leadership – leadership training for those holding the thin blue line; leaders now and the leaders of tomorrow.
- Next Level Leadership – leadership training for both new and tenured supervisors and mid-managers.
- Courtroom Testimony – a class for all peace officers taught by an expert career prosecutor. Learn how to write better reports, prepare for, and testify in court.
- Work Comp – a class for all peace officers taught by experts in the field. Learn the proper process for intaking work comp claims, related laws, protocols, the work comp process, and common errors.
- Dangerous Crossroads: the Intersection of the First & Fourth Amendments – learn about dangerous areas for peace officers involving the 1st and 4th Amendments and ways to avoid these areas from an expert attorney who represents officers in these areas.
- Critical Incidents – what are they, how to prepare for them, what to do during them, and what to expect after them. Taught by expert critical incident investigators and representatives.
- Social Media – learn from experts what the social media issues, misconceptions, and implications are for today’s peace officer.
- Wellness Courses – learn about organizational, family, financial, and self-wellness in these courses.
More courses coming soon, so check back often to register before classes fill up.
Reach out to us for any concerns and questions.
Los Angeles Police Protective League
1308 West 8th Street
Los Angeles, CA 90017